By ALEX TAYLOR
United States of America
Moroccan-American bartender with over 2 decades of experience who enjoys chasing interesting flavors to share with his guests.
- 30 Ml. Licor 43 Original
- 45 Ml. Dos Maderas 5 and 3 Double Aged Rum
- 25 Ml. Lustau San Emilio PX Sherry
- 60 Ml. Cold Brew Coffee
- 15 Ml. Tahini (1 Tablespoon)
- 8 Drops Dashfire Mission Fig and Fennel Bitters
- 2 Drops Lemon Peels (2 standard peels)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Add ice.
- Wet shake for 20 seconds.
- Strain liquid into smaller tin and discard ice.
- Dry shake for additional 20 seconds.
- Fine strain into glass and allow head to subside.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Using Illy Intenso Dark Roast Coffee, grind the the whole beans to a medium course texture. Reserve 250 grams.
- In a glass jar, combine 250 grams ground coffee with 1000 grams of water. Stir well and seal.
- Steep the cold brew in the refrigerator for 16 hours, periodically agitating the jar.
- Filter the cold brew through a filter ensuring no detritus remains.
- Label, date and refrigerate. Use as needed.