No Pasa Nada
By TREVIN HUTCHINS
United States of America
This cocktail is based on the phrase “What grows together, goes together.” Vanilla, coffee, pineapple all come from similar climates. Paird with a zero-waste garnish of charred pineapple frond ash.
- 30 Ml. Licor 43 Original
- 30 Ml. Chilled Espresso
- 15 Ml. Laphroaig 10 year
- 15 Ml. Pineapple Gum Syrup (Small Hand Foods works well)
- 60 Ml. Chilled Heavy Cream
- 6 Drops Saline Solution (4:1 Water:Salt)
- Measure and pour Licor 43, chilled espresso, and Laphroaig into a rocks glass. Top with ice and stir for 5 seconds to mix ingredients.
- In a tin measure and pour chilled heavy cream, pineapple gum, and saline. Whip shake to aerate and make a wet cream.
- Gently layer the wet pineapple cream over the cocktail.
- Dust with pineapple ash. (Charred pineapple fronds)
- Pull a double espresso, chill in the refrigerator. (keeps for 24 hours)