The Fall Festival
By PAUL COTTRELL
United States of America
I helped run a large scale run distillery in Florida for close to a decade, working on world class rum, as well as helping develop cocktails for world class bars and restaurants.
- 30 Ml. Licor 43 Original
- 0.75 Oz. American Bourbon (I used Flag Hill Estate Bourbon))
- 0.75 Oz. Apple Molasses
- 2 Oz. Blonde roast cold brew coffee
- 0.75 Oz. Shaken Cinnamon Cream
- Combine 16 oz of unfilled apple cider and 8 oz of dark brown sugar in a saucepan and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes or until reduced by half. Should be the consistentcy of honey when cooled.
- In a Boston shaker, add Bourbon, Licor 43, Apple molasses, and cold brew coffee. Whip shake with a small piece of ice, then shake on ice for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a highball glass with ice.
- In a clean shaker, combine 1 oz of heavy whipping cream, .5 oz of Licor 43, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Shake till thickened, and float the cream on the cocktail. It should give you a defined line separating the 2.
- Combine 1 lb of blonde roast coffee, 1 gallon of water. Leave out at room temperature for 24 hrs, and fine strain out the coffee grounds.