By JESÚS MONGE
This cocktail was inspired as a healing medicine and to try to pair coffee with an unusual flavor, in this case, the sage. It’s a cocktail that will evolve over time from the 1st sip to the last.
- 30 Ml. Licor 43 Original
- 60 Ml. Mezcal (Verde)
- 30 Ml. Cold Brew
- 2 Dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
- 4 Drops Sage Leaves (4 leaves)
- Add the 4 sage leaves to a mixing glass and muddle them GENTLY.
- Add the rest of ingredients to the mixing glass.
- Stir for about 40-50 seconds with ice.
- Strain and serve in a double rocks glass with a big ice cube
- Express some orange oils on top and add the orange peel to the cocktail
- Add a sage leave for additional fragrance as well.
- Coarse Grind of coffee, it's better if it's a natural process coffee.
- 1:9 ratio of coffee to cold water
- Immersion of 14 hours in the fridge
- Double strain for clearer results.